Monday 22 June 2015

Blogger Recognition Award

4







So excited to have won my first ever blogger award... I am really honoured to have got this recognition. Eventhough it's just a simple little picture, it has been like receiving an Oscar. I'm not joking. When someone checks out my blog and likes them, it makes my day. And when someone nominates me for something like this, it makes me even happier. I'm currently on cloud nine to be honest...

I got nominated by the awesome blogger, Angelina Ruby, reviewing books @ My Crazy Reading Obsession. Thanks a bunch for nominating me...This award was originally created by Eve @ Edge of Night.

Here are the rules:
  1. Select 15 other blogs you want to give the award to. Do some digging if you must! Find those blogs. You cannot nominate yourself or the person who has nominated you.
  2. Write a post to show off your award! Give a brief story of how your blog got started, and give a piece or two of advice to new bloggers. Thank whoever nominated you, and provide a link to their blog. List who you've nominated in the post. Make sure to also attach the award itself! (You can do this by right-clicking, saving, and uploading the image above).
  3.  Comment on each blog and let them know you've nominated them. Provide a link to the award post you created.
  4.  Provide a link to the original post on Edge of Night. That way, anyone can find the original guidelines and post if needed, and we can keep it from mutating and becoming confusing!

My blog's story:

I started my blog 'ShoShow' in 2014 during my gap-year, partly because I was bored having nothing much to do and partly because I wanted to have my own space where I could let my creativity flow. The idea of starting a blog wasn't even near in my mind until I stumbled upon YouTuber and blogger Zoella. I loved her blog from its design to its content and that's when I thought Why don't I try something like this. She focussed on her interest of beauty and lifestyle while I went for my interests. Books and Drawing. So I decided to do reviews of books, movies and products. Later, I settled on to focus only on books so that my blog would have a basic theme. I also decided to incorporate my own artwork (at the end of each post) based on the book I was reviewing. Now, blogging is like a hobby to me and I am grateful for all the viewers from every part of the world.

My advise:

  • Don't worry about the result: You don't need to get worked up all about viewers. Let them check your post if they want. Don't fuss when you have no viewers. Always remember that you started this blog to enjoy your leisures in a creative way. Enjoy doing what you do and the rest will follow on its own. 

  • Be sure to have a theme: While starting a blog you may find difficult to settle onto a particular theme but I would advise to stick onto something. If you are interested in travels start a travelogue or something related to travel. If you focus on a theme you'll find it easier to post often and also solve 'what to post' problems.

I nominate:

You guys deserve this award !!
Thanks to each and every single blogger for being a part of this ever-growing blogosphere...

4 comments:

  1. What a great post, Sho! Thanks so much for the nomination. Also, I don't know how I missed out on your blog -- but I just went to check out the art on your posts, and it's fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww...Katie...Thanks alot... You deserve this award and keep posting... :) BTW I really liked the cat on your blog..It looks super cute..;)

      Delete
  2. Hi Sho! Just wanted to say that I love the art on your blog, it's amazing! Also, thank you for nominating me, it means a lot to me! xo Here's my award post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your welcome Fatima... I'm glad you liked my art...Makes me happy..You deserve this award and keep posting... :) And thank you for posting your "award post"...Loved going through your 'my blog's story' ;)

      Delete